CSP in Short
Naming the eastern land, “The Cradle of Civilization” is not in vain. Invention, extraction, and smelting of various metals in ancient Iran, of which the remnants of primitive furnaces are of clear reasons, verify the ancient Iranian knowledge in metal industries, especially copper. According to the results of excavating metallic works belonging to fourth and fifth millennium B.C, the two handiworks extracted from the first and second layers of Silk hill Kashan-Iran, are known as one of the oldest copper-made things extracted from mines. Likewise, according to explorations in Tal-E-Eblis in Kerman central ranges and also Carbon 14 test on some copper-made items, there has been civilization in the fourth millennium BC.
Nowadays, copper and copper alloys remain one of the major groups of commercial metals, ranking third behind only iron/steel and aluminum in production and consumption. For its desired properties such as electrical and thermal conductivity, resistance against corrosion, workability, soldering, riveting and color, copper is used in various industries widely.
CSP is located in the vicinity of the greatest and richest copper mine in the Middle East, is launched in the second half of 1992. It is the largest industrial complex connecting copper and zinc mines to the production industries of the country. CSP consists of five factories, which are foundry shop, rolling shop, extrusion shop, tube shop, and coin blank shop. CSP produces a vast variety of copper and copper alloys semi-finished products such as sheets, strips, foils, sections, and tubes.
These products are made in accordance with high-class international standards and apart from supplying domestic demands are exported to different countries such as Germany, France, England, Spain, China, Taiwan, Vietnam, Thailand, and Kuwait.
- It has been nominated as the best exporting company for several years (first time in 1995.)
- In 1996 obtained ISO 9000 and in 2004 achieved ISO 9000-2000 certification.
- Its annual production exceeded to 30,000 tons in 1996 and in 2003 reached 42,000 tons.
- In 1996 obtained the first ISO 14001 certification in Iran.
- In 2009 obtained OHSAS 18001 certificate.
- At the beginning of 2001, the Coin Shop was launched.
- Through accomplishing development programs, its annual production will exceed to 77,000 tons in 2010.
- Hollow Section production
- Tube factory inauguration with 15000 tons a year capacity producing by Cast amp; Roll method.
- Development project of foundry shop and extending the production capacity up to 70000 tons a year by running Forth Melting Line.
- Development project of chips melting for improving the recycling of third melting line scraps.